When you volunteer at the pet adoption center, you're joining an amazing team of volunteers and staff who are committed to providing support in many different ways to orphaned pets in our community. As a volunteer, you will be rewarded for your efforts through recognition events during National Volunteer Week and the best of all, you'll be helping pets in need receive the second chance they so deserve.
With more than 35 volunteer positions, we have opportunities for everyone who wants to help homeless pets. Here are just a few:
- Work with patrons and pets as an Adoption Information Specialist
- Work with dogs, cats, kittens, and puppies in grooming, animal, enrichment and surgery care
- Provide administrative support in many of our departments including development, volunteer, spay/neuter clinic, behavior, and more
- Care for newborn puppies and kittens by being a foster parent
- Provide assistance at our thrift store by sorting, pricing, and merchandising
We would be happy to sign off on community service hours for students who are 14 years and older required for High School and College.
Requirements to volunteer:
- Be at least 14 years old (those between 11-13 years old can enroll in our Helping Hounds Program
- Pay a $40 program fee (non-refundable) that covers training supplies, a volunteer t-shirt, and a laminated name badge
- Watch the video below
- Attend training classes based on your area of interest
- Donate a minimum of 6 hours per month for 6 months or pay a reactivate fee of $20.
Court Ordered Community Service Hours
Below are the requirements for the Mary S. Roberts Pet Adoption Center's Court ordered community service hours. Use the link below to begin the process for court-ordered community service hours.
- Interested community service volunteers must attend an orientation and have their charges approved before starting their volunteer work.
- The minimum age for court-ordered community service volunteers at Mary S. Roberts Pet Adoption Center is sixteen (16) years old.
- You MUST bring your court documents with you to your scheduled orientation. We will not accept charges that are violent, sexual, or animal-related. We will accept drug or theft charges provided they are Class B or C Misdemeanors only.
Still, have questions? Contact our Volunteer Services Coordinator