(951) 688-4340
6165 Industrial Ave, Riverside
Compelling animal stories, ways to get involved and more!
Image is not available

When you volunteer at the Pet Adoption Center, you're joining an amazing team of volunteers and staff who are committed to providing support in many different ways to orphaned pets in our community.  As a volunteer, helping pets in need receive the second chance they so deserve. 

Volunteer Requirements:

  • Be at least 14 years old
  • Those between 11-13 years old can enroll in one of our 8-week Helping Hounds Program sessions.
  • Donate a minimum of 6 hours per month for 6 months. 

How to Become a MSPRAC Volunteer

  • Step 1: Watch the video above
  • Step 2: Complete a volunteer application 
  • Step 3: Pay a $50 program fee (non-refundable) that covers training supplies, a volunteer t-shirt, and a laminated name badge
  • Step 4:  Sign-up for a in-person training session in the area you are interested in. 

Submit Application - We are not accepting new volunteers at this time. Please check back soon. 

Volunteer Opportunities

With more than 35 volunteer positions, we have opportunities for everyone who wants to help homeless pets.  Here are just a few:

  • Work with patrons and pets.
  • Work with dogs, cats, kittens, and puppies in animal enrichment.
  • Provide administrative support in many of our departments.
  • Care for newborn puppies and kittens by being a foster parent
  • Provide assistance at our thrift store by sorting, pricing, and merchandising.

View All Opportunities Here

One Day Volunteer Opportunites 

Court Appointed Community Service Hours

  • Interested community service volunteers must attend an orientation and have their charges approved before starting their volunteer work.
  • The minimum age for court-ordered community service volunteers at Mary S. Roberts Pet Adoption Center is sixteen (16) years old. 
  • You MUST bring your court documents with you to your scheduled orientation. We will not accept charges that are violent, sexual, or animal-related. We will accept drug or theft charges provided they are Class B or C Misdemeanors only.

Submit Court Appointed Volunteer Hours Application

Still, have questions?  Contact our Volunteer Services Coordinator